1/1 Photo of Egg Rolls
Simple & delicious ! I have seen a lot of foo foo & unnecessary fuss going into making Egg Rolls on TV. You don't need to pre cook the filling, you don't need special tools or fancy egg wash to seal the rolls. Just make them clean, healthy & tasty & enjoy them. Try them with my "Dipping Sauce" & my "Sweet & Spicy Dipping Sauce".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1/2 of a medium to large cabbage
- 1 cup julienne carrot
- 2 green onions
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 20 egg roll wraps (usually 1 pack)
- 1Cut cabbage into 4 wedges, remove heart & chop very finely (as for coleslaw).
- 2Roughly chop julienne carrots & finely chop green onions.
- 3Throw all ingredients into mixer & mix on low for 1 or 2 minutes (if you don't have a mixer just mix by hand but squeeze & crush cabbage so it's soft).
- 4Remove 1/4 of your mix to a separate bowl & make 5 egg rolls to check that you are putting an equal amount of filling into each, this ensures that you don't run out of filling before wrappers.
- 5Place the pile of egg roll wrappers in a diamond shape in front of you with a small bowl or glass of water & just use your finger moisten the top two edges of the wrapper with water.
- 6Take a heaped desert spoon of mixture & place it in the center of the wrapper.
- 7Bring the bottom of the wrapper up to the top over the filling & lightly pull back so that you use the wrapper to form the filling into a log & so the filling is just below the center of the wrapper with the bottom of wrapper covering most of the filling.
- 8Flip the sides of the wrapper in & over the bottom of the wrapper then roll the whole thing forward to finish & seal the roll.
- 9Fry the egg rolls in small batches of 4 to 6, moving them constantly until they are golden brown, float well to the top of oil or reach internal temp of 155°F.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.2
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 101.8 mg
- Sodium 1444.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder