Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious eggrolls, good wrapped in a leaf of lettuce too. You can add pretty much any vegetables to it you want. I don't think I've ever made them exactly the same, but they're always good.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup Chinese black mushrooms, rehydrated
- 3⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup grated onion
- 1⁄2 cup oyster sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed or chopped)
- 1 cup bean sprouts, cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 25 egg roll wraps
- Chop black fungus into about 1/8 inch pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients except wrappers and egg yokes, and mix together as you would a meat loaf.
- Roll and wrap eggrolls according to package direction, using egg yoke as a paste on the final corner to hold it together.
- Fry eggrolls submerged in oil over medium high heat about 15 minutes or until they turn a nice golden brown.
- If the package doesn't have directions for rolling, the best way I can describe it is as follows: Lay wrappyer out with one corner facing you.
- Spoon 1 heaping tbsp of meat mix about 3 inches from the corner facing you and shape into approximate shape of eggroll.
- Fold corner facing you over meat and begin to roll about half of wrapper.
- Fold in side corners over what you have already rolled.
- Continue rolling, holding side corners in to keep it tight.
- When there is approximately 2 inches left, coat final corner with a little egg yoke and finish rolling.
- Coat outside of final corner with egg yoke.
- Hope that helps.