Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
These egg rolls are really delicious. Served with soy sauce or plum sauce.
Make and share this Egg Rolls recipe from Food.com.
EGG ROLL WRAPS
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 16 ounces bean sprouts (drained)
- 2 cups cabbage, and carrot mixture
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 egg roll wraps
- oil (for deep frying)
- EGG ROLL WRAPS.
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Make a well and add eggs and water.
- Stir with a fork until dough holds together and leaves bowl clean.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface, knead until smooth - about 5 minutes.
- Cover dough with the bowl and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Divide into fourths. Dust pastry board with cornstarch. Roll each fourth to a 14 x 11 inch rectangle. Cut into 3 1/2 inch squares. (The cornstarch prevents them from sticking together). Makes 24.
- Stir fry chopped chicken in the sesame oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, bean sprouts, cabbage, carrot, green onions, and water chestnuts.
- Stir fry for 4-5 minutes longer. Combine soy sauce and cornstarch. Stir into chicken mixture.
- Stir in grated ginger root, sugar, and salt.
- Keep stirring until mixture is thickened.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place 1/4 cup filling on a egg roll wrapper.
- Fold one corner towards the center over the filling. Fold side corners in to form an envelope that holds the mixture in . Roll up jelly roll style.
- Heat the oil to 360°F Deep fry a few egg rolls at a time for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Drain well on paper toweling before serving. Serve warm. Mixture makes 12.