Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pork and Shrimp Eggrolls
- 5 medium black mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb pork chop (thin and diced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 dash white pepper
- 8 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 lbs Coleslaw (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup bamboo shoot (shredded)
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp (finely chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup green onion (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 lb egg roll wrap
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 -3 cups vegetable oil
- Soak mushrooms in warm water until soft, about 30 minutes; drain.
- Rinse in warm water; drain.
- Remove and discard stems.
- Cut caps into thin strips.
- Mix pork, 1/2 teaspoons salt, cornstarch, soy sauce, and white pepper.
- Cover and refridgerate about 20 minutes.
- Heat water to boiling in 4 quart Dutch oven; add coleslaw.
- Heat to boiling; cover and cook one minute.
- Drain; rinse with cold water until cabbage is cold.
- Drain throughly; remove excess water by squeezing cabbage.
- Heat wok until a few drops of water bubble and skitter when sprinkled onto it.
- Add 2 tbs. vegetable oil; rotate to coat sides.
- Add pork and stir fry until no longer pink.
- Add mushrooms and bamboo shoots; stir fry one minute.
- Stir in cloeslaw, shrimp, green onions, 1 teaspoons salt, and five spice powder; cool.
- Place 1/2 cup pork mixture slightly below center of eggroll skin (cover remaining skins with dampened towel to keep them pliable).
- Fold corner of eggroll skin closest to filling, over filling, tucking the point under.
- Fold in and overlap the two opposite corners.
- Brush fourth corner with egg; roll up enclosing filling, to seal.
- Repeat with remaining eggroll skins (cover filled eggrolls with dampened towel or plastic wrap to keep them from drying out).
- Heat vegetable oil (2 inches) in wok to 350 degrees.
- Fry four or five eggrolls at a time until golden brown, turning two to three times, two to three minutes.
- Move to paper towel to let excess oil drip off.
- Serve with hot mustard or sweet and sour sauce.