Recipe by Kimus6
This is a gluten-free alternative to egg roll wraps! Fill or stuff with favorite egg roll recipe.
Top Review by Toni B
I can't believe how easy this was! The only reason I gave it 3 stars rather than more, was because the wraps were thicker, more like a crepe, than I thought they would be. However, I used regular flour, not gluten-free and that might be part of the cause. I will definitely use this again, but probably use more water to try to thin them some more. Still, incredibly easy and fast to make home-made egg rolls... YUM!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup gluten-free flour, mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup water, as needed
- vegetable oil, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the salt into the flour. Add the lightly beaten eggs.
- Slowly add the water, stirring continuously until you have a smooth, thin batter. If the batter is too dry, add 1 or 2 more tablespoons of water. Let the batter rest for 1 hour.
- Heat a frying pan on medium low heat. Wipe a small amount of oil over the pan, removing any excess but making sure the pan is evenly covered.
- Turn the heat down to low. Add 2 heaping tablespoons of batter into the middle of the pan. Immediately begin smoothing the batter out to form a circle approximately six inches in diameter. Use a spatula to remove the wrapper from the pan as soon as the bottom is cooked and the edges begin to curl slightly (less than one minute). Drain on paper towels. Continue with the rest of the batter, cleaning out the pan as needed.
- Cool or refrigerate or freeze the egg roll wrappers until ready to use. Thaw before using.