Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Everything you love about an egg roll, with out all the hassle of ROLLING! This quick, and simple soup is very tasty. In fact it tastes JUST like an egg roll! It is also a pretty frugal recipe and not to bad for you either! I hope you can enjoy this and change it to fit your personal flavors! Omit the meat to make this for non meat eaters!
- 453.59 g ground pork
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 9.85 ml ground ginger
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 small head of cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 118.29 ml soy sauce (more or less depending on saltiness of chicken broth)
- 1892.72 ml chicken broth (more or less depending on size of cabbage)
- 8 egg roll wraps
- cooking spray
- Brown ground pork along with minced garlic, ginger and olive oil.
- While meat is browning, shred cabbage and carrots.
- Once meat has cooked through add cabbage and carrots and if desired a bit of sesame oil.
- Once veggies are cooked a bit, add your broth, enough to cover all the cabbage and then a bit more, and add soy sauce, how much depends on your taste and how salty your canned broth is.
- Bring your soup to a boil, and then simmer until your egg roll wrappers are done.
- cut egg roll wrappers into strips and place on a sprayed pan. Bake at 325 for about 10 minute or until they are crispy and just browned.
- Serve soup with more soy sauce if desired, and top with crispy egg roll wraps!
Very tasty soup! I used ground beef and fresh ginger as that is what I had on hand. I didn't have any eggroll wrappers, so I added a few tortilla chips for a little crunch. I will definitely make this again!