Recipe by byZula
This is similar to the sauce from 'the Cheesecake Factory'.
Top Review by Veronica144
I used to go to Cheesecake Factory to have the eggrolls and "cilantro dipping sauce"...UNTIL I found this recipe!!! It is AWESOME! Thank you so much for posting!! I've made it many times and here are some suggestions...instead of the white and balsamic vinegars, I put in equal amounts of apple cider vinegar. I also increased the tamarind pulp to about 2-3 tsp, which gives it an extra zest. I omit the black pepper and use cayenne instead. When I don't have powdered saffron on hand, I use a little of Goya's Sazon con Azafran. Yummy! I've omitted the cumin several times b/c I didn't have on hand...still turned out wonderfully. I decrease the honey to about a 1/3 c. so it's not too sweet. Also, I found out the hard way that if you let your hand slip on the cashews, it changes the whole consistency and you end up with a "thick cream" rather than a sauce. Still yummy, but not for dipping. This sauce is very versatile and I rarely use it for eggrolls anymore. I've used it as a stir fry sauce for chicken and veggies and also as a salad dressing! Everyone that's tried it LOVES it. Thanks again!!
- 1⁄2 cup cashew nuts, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tamarind pulp
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 pinch powdered saffron
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cashews, cilantro, garlic, green onions, sugar, black pepper and cumin in a food processor or blender.
- Blend with short bursts until the mixture is well blended. The cashews and garlic must be well chopped.
- They should be about half the size of a grain of rice.
- Combine the vinegars, honey, tamarind and saffron in a small bowl. Heat mixture for about 1 minute in microwave and stir until tamarind pulp dissolves completely.
- Pour tamarind mixture into blender or food processor with the cashew mixture and mix with short bursts until well combined (about 20 seconds).
- Pour blended sauce into small bowl and add oil. Stir by hand. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.