Recipe by healthyeater12
this is great for breakfast and very easy to prepare! less than 5 mins! I used to make this for the whole family when i made breakfast! preparation time does not include rice cooking time
Top Review by Debbwl
While not gourmet it is a nice way to use left over rice to make a quick meal. I made this using brown rice, the sesame oil option and serving with broccolini on the side. Thanks for the post.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked rice (or as much as you want to have. must be already cooked)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- pour a bit of olive oil onto pan, just enough so that the egg doesn't stick to the pan.
- crack an egg onto the pan, and wait for it to cook just a little bit. (make sure you break the yolk).
- just kind of scramble them and make sure there are little bits of egg. NOTE: this is not scrambled eggs.
- when the egg is cooked, move it into a bowl. add rice to the bowl and sort of mix it just so that the egg and rice are no longer separated.
- add soy sauce and sesame oil. the sesame oil will help the egg and rice mix well. adding sesame seeds is optional, but it gives it a good taste.
- make sure the soy sauce is well mixed in with the rice.
- enjoy! :).