Recipe by P4
Great breakfast or brunch item. Can be made the evening before, put in the refrigerator, then put into the oven to bake the next morning. I like to serve it with sausages and biscuits on the side. Great meal for guests.
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups colby cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the vegetables in the butter over medium heat until softened, but not browned.
- Set aside to cool thoroughly.
- Whisk together the eggs, then add the cheese.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt and pepper and whisk into the egg mixture.
- Add the vegetables, then pour into a greased 1 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.