Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great breakfast or brunch item. Can be made the evening before, put in the refrigerator, then put into the oven to bake the next morning. I like to serve it with sausages and biscuits on the side. Great meal for guests.
- Saute the vegetables in the butter over medium heat until softened, but not browned.
- Set aside to cool thoroughly.
- Whisk together the eggs, then add the cheese.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt and pepper and whisk into the egg mixture.
- Add the vegetables, then pour into a greased 1 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Happy to add another option to our breakfast choices. Very good dish!!!
We enjoyed this..thankyou! I added the ham and it was really tasty. It's always nice to have a variety of breakfast dishes and this one will be added to my collection. It's a keeper!