Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This recipe started out as I received it with just basically sour cream, green onions, paprika, and of course an egg, cooked in microwave and served on toast. However I decided to kick it up a bit so here that recipe. Note: all ingredients and cooking time and can be adjusted to your taste.
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 slice toast
- Mix sour cream, mayo, mustard, and vinegar until well blended.
- Spread mixture in a small micro wave safe bowl, creating a nest for the egg.
- Sprinkle the chopped green onions and then paprika over the mixture.
- Crack the egg into the center of the mixture.
- Put bowl in the micro wave and cook for about 1 1/2 minutes depending on how well you like your egg cooked, at 60% power.
- Remove and serve over slice of buttered toast (caution bowl will be hot!).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and enjoy!
- Optional: At 1 minute 15 seconds sprinkle a little grated or shredded cheese of your choice on top and continue cooking for the remaining 15 seconds.