Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
a great one pot meal..serve for breakfast or supper or lunch...another great guick meal from the firemans fire house cook book...this is a must try recipe..even the kids will dig in....
- 1 lb ground sausage or 1 lb hamburger meat
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 12 whole eggs
- 2 cups grated cheese
- fry sausage or hamburger meat and drain.
- while meat drains, fry onions, when onions are tender whip eggs like you would to scramble, add meat, onions mix well.
- pour into a cast iron frying pan.
- cook over medium low heat until eggs start to set and thicken.
- pour catsup over the top.
- add grated cheese.
- put into pre heated oven at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes or till cheese melts and turns light brown.
- remove from oven.
- let set for a few minutes.
- slice like you would pie wedges and serv with grits and toast.
I halved this recipe, and I used ground sausage and one part ketchup, one part bottled BBQ sauce. I served it with buttered rolls and fruit, and it was a Huge Hit. Thank you for posting this great recipe. I'm sure I'll make it again and again.
AMAZING! This will definitly be a keeper!!! I can't wait to make it again with different veggies! i used ground spicy sausage and my husband loved it! Thanks for sharing!