Recipe by Sana
From Sanjeev Kapoor. I used boiled chopped eggs for the recipe
Top Review by love4culinary
Oh my goodness! I have never heard of egg patties, but I totally wish I knew about this recipe like...decades ago! This is SO good!!! The only thing I did was add some minced garlic and a bit of minced ginger when I cooked the tomatoes. I found it a tad difficult to get the potato to seal properly... but it worked out in the end after dipping in the egg and coating in breadcrumbs. These are so delicious! Served with spicy tomato sauce and DH (as always) ate his patties with bread.
- 6 eggs
- 3 -4 medium potatoes
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion
- 3 green chilies
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- breadcrumbs, to coat
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes, peel, mash well and keep aside.
- Peel and chop the onions. Wash the tomato and green chillies and chop them very fine. Clean, wash and chop the coriander leaves.
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee and fry the onion till pink. Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes.
- Add salt and chopped coriander leaves and stir to mix well. Break in five eggs one by one, stirring continuously till the mixture thickens and sets.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Beat the remaining egg well in a saucepan and keep aside.
- Knead the potato dough again and make flat cases. Place a heaped spoonful of egg mixture in the center and fold in the sides to seal the stuffing.
- Press between your palms to make a flat cake.
- Heat ghee in a pan and dip each patty in the beaten egg, roll in breadcrumbs if desired and fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or chutney.