From Sanjeev Kapoor. I used boiled chopped eggs for the recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the potatoes, peel, mash well and keep aside.
- 2Peel and chop the onions. Wash the tomato and green chillies and chop them very fine. Clean, wash and chop the coriander leaves.
- 3Heat a tablespoon of ghee and fry the onion till pink. Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes.
- 4Add salt and chopped coriander leaves and stir to mix well. Break in five eggs one by one, stirring continuously till the mixture thickens and sets.
- 5Remove from heat and cool.
- 6Beat the remaining egg well in a saucepan and keep aside.
- 7Knead the potato dough again and make flat cases. Place a heaped spoonful of egg mixture in the center and fold in the sides to seal the stuffing.
- 8Press between your palms to make a flat cake.
- 9Heat ghee in a pan and dip each patty in the beaten egg, roll in breadcrumbs if desired and fry till golden brown.
- 10Serve hot with tomato sauce or chutney.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Patties
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.8
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 317.2 mg
- Sodium 119.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 13.7 g