roja khan's Note:
Wheat tortilla (paratha) fried in egg batter. Very tasty and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl beat the eggs, onion, green chili, ginger, black pepper, and salt.
- 2Mix flour, oil, salt thoroughly in a bowl and then add sufficient water to make dough, knead for 5 minutes, cover and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- 3Divide dough into small size balls (like golf balls), flatten each ball into a small circle (around 2 inch diameter).
- 4Spread onto the dough few drops of oil and roll it out into a circle.
- 5Heat a tawa (flat griddle) and when tawa is very hot, place the rolled out dough on it. Leave for half a minute and then turn over.
- 6The paratha will now slowly start to bubble up. Now add a teaspoon of oil onto the top of the paratha and turn over. The paratha immediately starts to blow up.
- 7Take 2 tbsp of the egg batter and spread it evenly over the paratha. Add 1/2 tsp of oil and flip it over. Fry till the egg is cooked (like 1 min).
- 8Remove from tawa when the paratha turns golden brown. Serve hot with fresh grounded pepper over it.
Nutritional Facts for Egg Paratha
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.0
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 366.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: