Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wheat tortilla (paratha) fried in egg batter. Very tasty and easy to make.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- water, as required for making the dough
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green chili pepper
- 1⁄4 inch grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- In a bowl beat the eggs, onion, green chili, ginger, black pepper, and salt.
- Mix flour, oil, salt thoroughly in a bowl and then add sufficient water to make dough, knead for 5 minutes, cover and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into small size balls (like golf balls), flatten each ball into a small circle (around 2 inch diameter).
- Spread onto the dough few drops of oil and roll it out into a circle.
- Heat a tawa (flat griddle) and when tawa is very hot, place the rolled out dough on it. Leave for half a minute and then turn over.
- The paratha will now slowly start to bubble up. Now add a teaspoon of oil onto the top of the paratha and turn over. The paratha immediately starts to blow up.
- Take 2 tbsp of the egg batter and spread it evenly over the paratha. Add 1/2 tsp of oil and flip it over. Fry till the egg is cooked (like 1 min).
- Remove from tawa when the paratha turns golden brown. Serve hot with fresh grounded pepper over it.
This went over well with my husband. I made them for his breakfast. He puts a little maggi hot sauce on them. Personally I liked them with keema or alone with the hot sauce and a bit of plain greek style yogurt.