1/1 Photo of Egg On The Bird's Nest!!
A very simple recipe for those who are new with using the oven as well as for those who love eggs. A fantastic snack with an even more fantastic name, the next time you are off for a picnic and want to try something new, here it is -Egg on the bird's nest!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven for 2 minutes (180C).
- 2Beat the egg whites of the 2 eggs, one at a time, till stiff.
- 3Now take the 2 bread slices and using a spoon, apply the egg whites in the 4 corners of each slice.
- 4Put the entire egg yolk (without beating it) in the center of each slice.
- 5Place on a wire rack.
- 6Bake for 5 minutes till golden brown on either side.
- 7Remove from oven, place on a plate.
- 8Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Decorate with Tomato Ketchup on each slice.
- 10Enjoy it as picnic food or as a morning or evening snack!
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg On The Bird's Nest!!
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.0
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 240.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 8.2 g