Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom used to put a booth in a local church's fall craft bazaar. The church ladies made these sandwiches every year. They are simply amazing. I went back to the bazaar this past fall for the first time in years... They were still making the same sandwiches, but I didn't get one -- they were sold out!! The recipe comes from the church's cookbook. The book suggests only Sunbeam white bread, but since when do I follow rules?! Pita bread, whole grain bread, wheat bread, or just a a bed of lettuce... It's all good. :)
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) jar stuffed green olives
- 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Chop eggs and olives finely. The finer, the better. If you're adventurous, use a food processor.
- Mix all ingredients gently by hand.
- Tightly cover and cool the mixture for a few hours, maybe even overnight.
- Make into sandwiches and cut into quarters or use cookie cutters to make fun shapes.
- **start with a 1/2 cup of mayonnaise and add as needed **.
Mmmmmm...delicious! On any kind of bread, or just spooned right out of the container!