kelly jean's Note:
My mom used to put a booth in a local church's fall craft bazaar. The church ladies made these sandwiches every year. They are simply amazing. I went back to the bazaar this past fall for the first time in years... They were still making the same sandwiches, but I didn't get one -- they were sold out!! The recipe comes from the church's cookbook. The book suggests only Sunbeam white bread, but since when do I follow rules?! Pita bread, whole grain bread, wheat bread, or just a a bed of lettuce... It's all good. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop eggs and olives finely. The finer, the better. If you're adventurous, use a food processor.
- 2Mix all ingredients gently by hand.
- 3Tightly cover and cool the mixture for a few hours, maybe even overnight.
- 4Make into sandwiches and cut into quarters or use cookie cutters to make fun shapes.
- 5**start with a 1/2 cup of mayonnaise and add as needed **.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Olive Salad Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.0
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 272.6 mg
- Sodium 2052.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 10.5 g