Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From "Lost Recipes"...Country Cooking, I think, is the magazine. I just have a copy of a page. This was originally called "Screaming Noodles" because of children's reaction to spinach being in the dish.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to boil, add 1 TBL salt and the noodles. Cook, stirring often, until al dente.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain the noodles and return them to the pot.
- Heat the oil, garlic, basil, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 tsp salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat until sizzling about 1 minute.
- Add the cottage cheese, Parmesan and broth and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir the sauce into the noodles, adjusting the consistency of the sauce with the reserved pasta water as needed. Stir in the spinach, one handful at a time, and cook until wilted, abut 30 seconds. Add the parsley and season with salt & pepper.