Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A yummy, healthy dish from Mr. Pasta!
Make and share this Egg Noodles With Peking Turkey and Veggie Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup brown bean sauce (find at an asian market)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium carrot, chopped fine
- 1 medium celery rib, chopped fine
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock (low sodium)
- 1 lb asian-style egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- In a bowl, whisk together the bean sauch sherry, molasses and red pepper flakes.
- Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, combine turkey, carrot, celery and cook over medium heat, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is no longer pink--about 5 minutes.
- Add the scallions, ginger and the garlic, and stir-fry about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the stock and bean sauce mixture, reduce the heat to med-low, and simmier until the liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a loarge pot of salted boiling water, cook noodles until barely tender.
- Drain well, and return to pot.
- Toss noodles with the sesame oil, and add the warm meat sauce and toss well.
- Put into bowls, and garnish with bean sprouts.
- Serve immediately.