Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
A simple stir-fry.
- 9 ounces dried medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 5 ounces canned water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Cook the noodles following the package directions; drain and refresh under cold running water; drain, then set aside.
- Heat a wok until hot; add in the oil, then the red pepper, garlic, and ginger; stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the chicken; stir-fry until golden and cooked through, 3-4 minutes.
- Toss in the snow peas and water chestnuts; stir-fry for 1 minute longer.
- Gently stir in the noodles, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and water; heat through, tossing until everything is mixed together; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with scallions.