Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 27 mins
This is a very simple dish and so satisfying. I could not find it posted. I serve with any meat or fish along with peas and colslaw. I have been cooking this dish for years and made it tonight to serve with Tuna Loaf.
- Cook noodles as directed on package but take off before being soft, almost cooked. Cook about 7 minutes when the water is boiling.Drain but do not rinse.
- Preheat oven 375*.
- Heat a round microwaveable baking dish in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Place butter in the dish and the noodles on top. Stir around until the noodles are coated with butter. Add salt and stir again.
- Pour milk all over the noodles. Stir until all are covered.
- Cover the dish with lid or foil.
- Stir twice while cooking.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- The noodles will absorb the milk and butter and be bigger and fluffier.
- Note I spray Pam on the under side of the aluminum foil so the top noodles will not stick to it.
My Italian grandmother made this for some Catholic holiday (either Assumption or something). <br/><br/>Homemade noodles were what she used. Actually making these today at my mom's request. As a kid we called them ""Milk Connies" <br/><br/>Childhood memory
Great noodles, so easy DH cooked them. Thankyou!
Good and easy to make. I followed the recipe other then I used 2% milk instead of evaporated milk. I also just made these on the stove top, I did not bake. The kids cleaned the bowl.