Recipe by Montana Heart Song
This is a very simple dish and so satisfying. I could not find it posted. I serve with any meat or fish along with peas and colslaw. I have been cooking this dish for years and made it tonight to serve with Tuna Loaf.
Top Review by Babs in Texas
My Italian grandmother made this for some Catholic holiday (either Assumption or something). <br/><br/>Homemade noodles were what she used. Actually making these today at my mom's request. As a kid we called them ""Milk Connies" <br/><br/>Childhood memory
- 12 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- white pepper (optional)
- aluminum foil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles as directed on package but take off before being soft, almost cooked. Cook about 7 minutes when the water is boiling.Drain but do not rinse.
- Preheat oven 375*.
- Heat a round microwaveable baking dish in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Place butter in the dish and the noodles on top. Stir around until the noodles are coated with butter. Add salt and stir again.
- Pour milk all over the noodles. Stir until all are covered.
- Cover the dish with lid or foil.
- Stir twice while cooking.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- The noodles will absorb the milk and butter and be bigger and fluffier.
- Note I spray Pam on the under side of the aluminum foil so the top noodles will not stick to it.