I used those short twisty looking egg noodles for the salad, because they were very cheap and affordable. You can make this ahead of time, but I find the avocado turns brown if it's not sprinkled with lemon juice, and I found lemon juice doesn't really go with this salad, taste wise.
- 4 cups egg noodles, cooked
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1 cup imitation crabmeat, diced
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, chopped (canned)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the remaining ingredients to create a dressing.
- Thoroughly combine the salad with the dressing, before serving at room temperature. Be careful to get the bottom of the salad coated with the dressing, as that is a difficult part for me.