Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one our favorite Mexican Casseroles.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 cup mild chunky salsa
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until brown; drain.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish combine the beef, corn, salsa, cooked noodles, beans, taco sauce, seasoning mix and tomato sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until cooked through. Add cheddar cheese to top and brown 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Very good and easy, but even better with sour cream at time of serving.
Easy to throw together, and nice and simple comfort food. Great for a weeknight dinner! Thanks!
I did not get this made during ZWT5. So I decided to make it for lunch today. I'm glad I did because it was really easy to make. I used Amy’s Salsa and left out the taco sauce because I wanted to use the rest of the 8 oz can of tomato sauce. Everyone gave it 5 stars. I will be making this again.