1/1 Photo of Egg Noodle Lasagna
1 hr 20 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
An easy lasagna recipe using egg noodles instead of the traditional lasagna noodles. This is a great 'clean out the cupboard & fridge' recipe! The original recipe calls for mascarpone instead of the ricotta (which I use). Use mascarpone if you wish...it's just always easier for me to find ricotta at the store. You could also use cream cheese instead of ricotta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook ground beef, green onions, garlic and 1/2 teaspoons salt in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring 10 minutes or until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.
- 2Stir in tomato-basil pasta sauce and pepper. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- 3While meat sauce is simmering, prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles. Stir together noodles, ricotta cheese, 1 cup sour cream and remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt until blended.
- 4Layer half each of egg noodle mixture and ground beef mixture, starting with noodles, in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. Repeat layers.
- 5Bake at 350-degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
- 6Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Noodle Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 708.1
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 188.0 mg
- Sodium 797.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 44.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato and basil pasta sauce