Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy lasagna recipe using egg noodles instead of the traditional lasagna noodles. This is a great 'clean out the cupboard & fridge' recipe! The original recipe calls for mascarpone instead of the ricotta (which I use). Use mascarpone if you wish...it's just always easier for me to find ricotta at the store. You could also use cream cheese instead of ricotta.
- Cook ground beef, green onions, garlic and 1/2 teaspoons salt in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring 10 minutes or until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Stir in tomato-basil pasta sauce and pepper. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- While meat sauce is simmering, prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles. Stir together noodles, ricotta cheese, 1 cup sour cream and remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt until blended.
- Layer half each of egg noodle mixture and ground beef mixture, starting with noodles, in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I don't particularly care for regular lasagna noodles so I thought I would try this. It was great the first time but since then I have changed a couple of things. Now I use 1/2lb ground beef ,1/2 lb Italian sausage and make homemade sauce. Definitely a keeper. Thanks!!!
We were pleasantly surprised with this recipe, very delicious. It goes together so much faster than using traditional lasagna noodles, bakes up nicely, and the sour cream is a nice way to smooth out the ricotta (which I find always has a somewhat gritty texture). I also added a layer of mozz over the noodle mixture. Thank you!
Excellent. I found this in Southern Living and made it. It was very yummy!!!