Recipe by CookinCowgirl
This rich noodle casserole is loaded with dairy products and is a fine side dish for chicken or beef, especially if they have sauces, like tomato or wine.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Recipe turned out good & the company enjoyed it. I added all ingredients, just adjusted the amounts of some. I cut back the noodles, I find 9-10 oz plenty for 6 people. I don't care for real goopy pasta so I also cut back on the cream cheese, sour cream (substitued yogurt for some also) & cheeses. Increased the 2 sauces abit to enhance the tangy flavour. Easy to put together & keep in fridge till it's cooking time. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped, white and some green parts
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup small curd cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup four Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the noodles in salted water according to package directions, minus 2 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute the chopped onions and garlic in the oil for a minute over medium heat.
- Mix the Worcestershire, Tabasco, cottage cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl, then add onions and garlic.
- Drain the noodles, running cold water over them, then toss immediately in a large bowl with melted butter and all the other ingredients.
- Pour noodles into a casserole dish, sprinkle paprika on top and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.