Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This rich noodle casserole is loaded with dairy products and is a fine side dish for chicken or beef, especially if they have sauces, like tomato or wine.
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped, white and some green parts
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup small curd cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup four Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- Cook the noodles in salted water according to package directions, minus 2 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute the chopped onions and garlic in the oil for a minute over medium heat.
- Mix the Worcestershire, Tabasco, cottage cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl, then add onions and garlic.
- Drain the noodles, running cold water over them, then toss immediately in a large bowl with melted butter and all the other ingredients.
- Pour noodles into a casserole dish, sprinkle paprika on top and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Recipe turned out good & the company enjoyed it. I added all ingredients, just adjusted the amounts of some. I cut back the noodles, I find 9-10 oz plenty for 6 people. I don't care for real goopy pasta so I also cut back on the cream cheese, sour cream (substitued yogurt for some also) & cheeses. Increased the 2 sauces abit to enhance the tangy flavour. Easy to put together & keep in fridge till it's cooking time. Thanks for sharing.
Wow, made this last night and it is delicious, and so easy! Didn't change a thing and it turned out perfect. Had some left over (there's just two of us) and it is great reheated in the microwave. Will surely make this again soon. Thanks, CookinCowgirl