this new cake recipe you gonna try is filled with egg nog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 1/2 cups nonalcoholic eggnog, divided
- 2 tablespoons instant malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup Splenda granular (artificial sweetener)
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Lightly grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.Season with brown sugar on both pans.
- 3Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions,adding 1 1/2 cups egg nog,malted milk powder and nutmeg before mixing.Pour into prepared pans.Bake for 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.Cool completely,remove cakes from the pans and cut in half.
- 4To make a filling,mix together the cream cheese,coconut extract and splenda sweetener in a medium mixing bowl,stir in remaining egg nog.
- 5Reserve 1 cup of this mixture and spread the rest between the cooled cake layers.Fold whipped topping into the remaining filling,frost the outside of the cake.Sprinkle with cinnamon over the top of the frosted cake.
- 6Refrigerate from 1 to 3 days before serving.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Nog Cake
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.2
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 45.3 mg
- Sodium 338.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 44.6 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: