Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
this new cake recipe you gonna try is filled with egg nog.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups nonalcoholic eggnog, divided
- 2 tablespoons instant malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup Splenda granular (artificial sweetener)
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.Season with brown sugar on both pans.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions,adding 1 1/2 cups egg nog,malted milk powder and nutmeg before mixing.Pour into prepared pans.Bake for 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.Cool completely,remove cakes from the pans and cut in half.
- To make a filling,mix together the cream cheese,coconut extract and splenda sweetener in a medium mixing bowl,stir in remaining egg nog.
- Reserve 1 cup of this mixture and spread the rest between the cooled cake layers.Fold whipped topping into the remaining filling,frost the outside of the cake.Sprinkle with cinnamon over the top of the frosted cake.
- Refrigerate from 1 to 3 days before serving.