Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful alternative to a regular "egg" breakfast. I use it for a good meal on the go!A friend of mine got me addicted to this during a visit to Louisiana 10 years ago and I still eat it at least twice a week.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Hollow out the center of each bread slice and dot with butter.
- Break one egg into each hollow.
- Salt and add 4-6 drops of hot sauce on each egg.
- Cover both with cheddar cheese and bake until eggs are set.
Another recipe to add to by breakfast repertoire. The tabasco gives this a little added zing - not too much, just a hint. Very easy to make. As a vatiation, I buttered (very lightly) the bottom of the bread slices when I placed them in a pan. I also tried using grated swiss cheese, just a litle tastier than cheddar. A very interesting mix.