Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
Just like McDonalds, but you can control the ingredients. Great for work or breakfast on the go!
- Toast the english muffin.
- In a microwaveable cup roughly the same diameter of the muffin, add the egg, a tablespoon of water.
- Beat the egg, add the bacon (or sandwich meat, or nothing).
- Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes (until egg is cooked) while muffin is toasting.
- Assemble the muffin and let stand for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
I've been making these since my grown kids went to elementary school (a looong time) and love them! I've never added water to the egg, though. I also coat the bowl with a non-stick spray and microwave for 60 seconds. You could use a slim slice of deli ham instead of bacon, that's delicious, too, just add light mayo in place of the butter. I've been wondering why nobody else ever thought of it before!
This was awesome. I have never cooked an egg in the microwave but it tasted so good. I make it easy and usually use a couple slices of deli ham instead of bacon. I also butter the muffin. This was an awesome easy recipe. Thanks.
Yummo. Quick and tasty meal when in a rush. Thanks!