Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
A quick breakfast for one that uses leftover mole sauce, which can be purchased prepared and is delicious with chicken. Chopped leftover chicken mole can be added in step 2 for a heartier dish.
- cooking spray
- 1 corn tortilla
- 1 tablespoon mole, sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon prepared salsa (or to taste)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray a small pan with cooking spray. Heat on medium for 1 minute, add tortilla, heat for about 30 seconds and turn over.
- Spoon sauce and salsa over tortilla.
- Crack egg over sauce (sunny side up-style). Cover. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until white is firm and yolk is soft-set.
- Top with Cheese and cover for 1 minute, until cheese is melted.
- Put on a plate and allow to cool for a few minutes. Tortilla will be crispy, and will be easiest to eat with your hands, like a pizza.
This recipe is fantastic. I never would have thought of this but its very clever to cook the egg on the tortilla. Scrumptious too! My husband and I love it so much we have made it several times in the last couple weeks and I will now keep mole in the pantry just in case. Thanks for sharing!
Very tasty. Eggs and mole are a delicious combination! It's nice to find a mole recipe that doesn't include meat. Also, it was a pleasant surprise to find that the tortillas came out so crispy without the use of a lot of oil. I'll definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting!