Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was surprised to have such trouble finding a low fat and healthy version of this wonderful breakfast, so here is my favorite!It is only 165 calories!
- 1 light English muffin (I use whole grain light - 100 cal)
- 1 slice fat-free cheddar cheese (Sharp cheddar, I use Kraft - 30 cal)
- 1 tablespoon squeeze butter (I use Smart Squeeze - 5 cal)
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (30 cal)
- 2 tablespoons water
- cooking spray
- Toast English muffin.
- Heat pan over medium high heat and coat with cooking spray. Mix water, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl and pour into pan. Cook until egg is cooked.
- Spread 1/2 Tbsp, butter spread on each half of English muffin. Top one half with egg and cheese and top with the other half. Wait a few seconds for cheese to begin to melt.
tastes great! we skip the cheese because none of us is really a fan... tasty, healthy and E-A-S-Y and fast my four must-haves for breakfast
Great low-fat version of one of my oh-so-naughty favorites! Very yummy and very easy recipe! Perfect for a busy weekday morning! Made as directed, but next time I will probably skip the addition of water to the egg beaters - they were a little too "mushy" for my taste. Thanks, Lori! Will be making again soon! Reviewed for PAC Fall 2008.