Prep 1 min
Cook 8 mins
This is a quick, easy, delicious, "sandwich" that can be enjoyed at any time of the day. The basic recipe is simple but can be expanded upon in many different ways, kind of like an omlette. Somtimes I like to add onions, green pepper, and other spices. Tandoori Masala Spice Mix can be obtained at any Indian grocery store, along with pre-made naan, which makes this recipe even more simple. Onion naan works especially well for this.
- 1 teaspoon tandoori masala mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed (or to taste, I like a bit more)
- 2 eggs
- 1 piece naan bread (Onion works well)
- 1 dash curry powder
- 1 teaspoon mango pickle chutney (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sweet mango chutney (optional)
- Bring small frying pan to medium heat and combine olive oil, tandoori masala spice mix, fennel seeds, and curry powder.
- If desired, add Mango Pickle Chutney for extra spice.
- Mix well and simmer on medium heat 2 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking you can start to heat up the naan. You can do this in a microwave, in a frying pan, or in the oven. For best results I suggest using a frying pan or oven, cooking a couple minutes on each side until it start to brown.
- While cooking the naan break the eggs into the frying pan with the sauce.
- After 30 seconds or so you can start scrambling the eggs into the sauce, making sure that the sauce is evenly distributed with the eggs.
- By the time the eggs are scrambled and done, the naan should be ready to go. Spread some sweet mango chutney onto it, add the egg combination, garnish with parsley, and enjoy!