Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have been wanting to post it since this spring but never got around to it. I found it in my April 2003 issue of Iowa REC News. Miss gracie I hope your mom will give it a try. There are other "something's missing" recipes that was with this one I'll have to get busy and post them. This recipe is from Judy Conner of IL.
- Boil raisins, water, brown sugar, lard, cinnamon and cloves for 3 minutes.
- Let stand and cool.
- Add baking soda dissolved in a little water.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder.
- Pour into greased and floured cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until cake tests done.