Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
added for beverage tag
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons risoni
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped continental fresh parsley leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, whisked
- Place chicken stock and carrot in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over a high heat. Add risoni and cook for 11 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir through lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle a little of the hot soup onto beaten egg and whisk. Gradually whisk the egg back into the hot soup. Serve immediately with toast.