Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
18TH CENTURY. For some reason kids love this simple breakfast....might be the name
- Fry the bacon in your skillet.
- Meanwhile cut or tear out a circle
- (I use a biscuit cutter) in the center of the bread. When the bacon is.
- done remove it from the pan and place the bread in the pan.
- Crack the egg into the hole you created in the bread. Place the cut out portion in the pan to toast.
- Fry egg to your liking, turn over the cut out portion to brown the other side.
- The egg and bread can either be turned for a few seconds or left as sunny side up.
- Serve with the bacon.
- For some reason kids love this simple breakfast -- might be the name.
My mother used to call these "flower eggs" because she used a flower shaped cookie cutter for the toast. My kids also love these any time of day.
Always made these for my children, and called them...egg in the nest and they loved them, I still do. Shadow I think all these young people should cook your recipes..than they would know, how good food should really taste. becauce you taste the food, not 20 other tastes. Takes less time, cost less money. and taste better. Sometimes what is old, is really better. Finding your page has made my day...Thanks, Shadows
This is one of our favorite breakfasts. We've always called it "Toad in a Hole", but I honestly don't know why. Thanks for posting it!