Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Based on a recipe from a book cooking for 1 person.
- 1 slice bacon
- 1⁄2 small leek, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 small red pepper, cut into strips (capsicum)
- 1 small zucchini, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 ounce grated tasty cheese, of your choice
- Preheat oven to 180dC, 350dF.
- Cook bacon, leek and garlic in a nonstick fry pan over medium high heat for 3- 4 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Add red pepper (capsicum) and zucchini and cook for 3-4 minutes longer.
- Stir in basil and black pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture into a small ovenproof dish and form a depression in the centre.
- Break egg into a small bowl, then slide into the depression in the vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 5-8 minutes at 180dC 350dF or until the white is set in the egg.
Made this for lunch for the two of us so doubled the recipe. I put two eggs in one dish and one in the other. Worked out fine. Nice combination of flavours. :)