Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
I love this quick eight minute breakfast. When I send the hubbie off to work and the boys off to school, I break out this dish. It keeps my tummy full all day. Just watch it; it's so easy and good you just might get addicted.
- 1 English muffin (split)
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- olive oil
- 2 eggs
- colby cheese and monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Split the english muffin and toast until crisp. Spread 1/2 of the butter on each muffin for taste.
- While muffins are toasting, warm up a fry pan with olive oil.
- Break one egg in the pan to cook as an over easy egg.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper; flip; repeat salt and pepper on other side and add a dash of olive oil.
- When muffins are done, plate them, put your egg on top, top it with cheese and let it melt.
- Repeat procedure for second egg and muffin.
- Awesome with some sausage. :).
Really nice breakfast -- it incorporates everything that we love! We used a slice of ham vs. sausage. So easy to make. Made for Fall PAC, October, 2011.
I usually make this with american cheese, but this was a nice change. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
Great quick and tasty breakfast. Eggs and cheese - can't beat that :) Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011