Recipe by Varnerific!
Always a hit at family brunch. Make sure you leave enough time for the casserole to refrigerate overnight. Prepare it in the evening and bake it the next morning.
Top Review by runswithfork
This should have been my own doing and looked great by the rrecipe, but we didn't really like it it seemed to be dry and didn't really brown up the potatoes like I hoped. I expect alot of it was because we did the overnight method and the veggies needed browned too... I imagine it could be better if not using the over night menthoud.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 lb frozen hash browns
- 1 dozen egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- cooking spray
- bacon (optional)
- cubed cooked ham (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in a pan. If using bacon, also cook the bacon.
- Spray cooking spray into a 13x9 cake pan.
- Spread frozen hashbrowns into pan, covering about 1" to 1.5".
- Sprinkle peppers on top of hashbrowns.
- Spread meat(s) on top of peppers.
- Pour mixture of milk and eggs over the top.
- Cover the pan in plastic wrap and let refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, remove plastic wrap and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Stir outside to inside a couple of times while baking.
- 2-10 minutes before done, sprinkle cheese on top. Cook until melted.