Top Review by twissis
I saved this recipe during Spring PAC 2013 to make at a later time & then made it for 2 family members the 1st morning after PAC ended. To be honest, I do not care for the US canned hash. However, Icelanders love hash for breakfast & use a much better product to prepare it. They use a frozen mix of cubed potatoes & ham w/chopped onion. So a little butter in a non-stick skillet cooked the hash & I used 5 eggs to allow for the extra hash mixture used. Tobasco added a heat-factor, but I kept it mild for the sake of my Icelandic family. Then I served it w/tortillas, a med-heat salsa & fruit for a dandy brunch entrée. I topped my portion w/cheddar cheese (You can take the girl out of TX, but you cannot take TX out of the girl). Thx for sharing this tasty & easy-fix recipe w/us.
- 1 (15 ounce) can roast beef hash or 1 (15 ounce) can corn beef hash
- 3 -4 whole eggs (extra large preferred)
- 1 ounce hot sauce (I like Habanero Hot Sauce) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Open the can of hash. Turn it out into a frying pan over medium heat; I find cast iron works well.
- Break eggs into a glass or bowl.
- Break the yolk(s). Add the hot sauce, if desired. Mix until unable to tell apart.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the frying pan on top of the meat. Mix into the hash.
- Cook until done as you like it.