Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very nice main course for brunch or dinner. Try it, you are sure to love it! These simple ingredients are an incredible blend of flavors.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 large eggs
- 1 lb low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
- 8 ounces canned diced green chiles
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first four ingredients.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs and combine remaining ingredients.
- Fold mixtures together.
- Pour into prepared 11x13 dish. Or use two round pie dishes for the quiche/tart effect.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
A great , simple recipe that lends it self to experimentation. Don't be afraid to cook the entire set of ingredients. It tastes great rewarmed too!
Great recipe, exactly what I was looking for. I added 1 lb. of sage sausage, but other than that made as written. It was a perfect Christmas brunch. Served the leftovers sliced in tortillas - great!