Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an odd little recipe that my family has always made around Easter. It's great served over toast, biscuits, an english muffin, or bagel. This is a lightened recipe, as the original was far too heavy.
- 4 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free margarine
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 4 ounces sliced deli roast beef, cut into squares
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup of half-and-half; set aside.
- Heat remaining half-and-half over medium heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Add margerine salt, pepper, paprika, parsley, and cornstarch mixture; stir constantly until thickened.
- Add eggs and meat; stir until blended.
- Allow to heat thoroughly before serving.
My grandmother when she was alive made a egg gravy that was to die for. And i wish i had gotten the recipe from her before she passed away. I saw this recipe and thought "WHY NOT" Well i have to say it was pretty close to the gravy my grandmother made so thankyou very much. Will add this to my growing list of favorite recipes.