Recipe by Shazzie
A lovely velvety, sweet varition to the normal pickled onions or standard choice of salads we normally serve with a summer meal or barbeque.
- 14 ounces white pearl onions, whole, peeled
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the onions in water until tender but not soft and drain, reserving water.
- Add vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt to the reserved water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool, add the beaten eggs and pour over onions.
- Serve sprinkled with the chopped parsley.