Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My recipe for Egg Fu Young.
- 2 cups chicken broth (or one 15 oz can with 1 oz water added)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (sambala)
- 8 beaten eggs
- 12 ounces fresh bean sprouts (loosely 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup shelled deveined chopped raw shrimp (or two 4 oz cans baby shrimp or 1 cup thawed frozen baby shrimp)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mixed mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot or 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- vegetable oil, for cooking
- WHISK the SAUCE ingredients well in a medium bowl.
- POUR into a medium saucepan.
- BRING sauce to full boil until sauce thickens; REDUCE heat to low; STIR as needed before serving.
- BEAT eggs; ADD remaining egg mixture ingredients; COMBINE well.
- ADD 1 tablespoon oil to 8-inch saucepan or omelet pan over medium heat.
- POUR enough egg to cover bottom and swirl it around to coat sides; COOK 2 minutes.
- CAREFULLY flip eggs over; COOK one additional minute.
- REPEAT process with remaining egg mixture, refreshing egg mixture before cooking each batch to insure uniformity, and replenishing oil).
- POUR a moderate amount of warm sauce to cover.
- SERVE and ENJOY!
I had some bean sprouts I needed to use so I went looking for something like this recipe. WOW it was delicious!! I halved the recipe, and I only had about 1/4 cup of shrimp available so I used it. The sauce is delicious and so are the "patties" most certainly a do-over. Thank you!