Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make and share this Egg Fruit (Canistel) Coconut Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and spices.
- In a large bowl, blend butter and sugar, then blend in eggs. Slowly stir in milk, then vanilla and canistel.
- Stir in flour mixture, and mix in coconut.
- Spoon into a greased 8½ X 4½ x 2½ in loaf pan, making sure to leave ¾ inch at the top to allow the bread to rise.
- Bake 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
The canistel fruit is interesting - tastes something like a sweet potato or pumpkin, but not exactly. The bread with coconut was interesting and something different! I'm not leaving any stars on my review because it took about an hour and a half to bake. I did substitute coconut flour for half the flour, so maybe that was the reason.