Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 500 g long grain rice (soaked in water for 20 minutes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup spring onion leaves, 1 finely chopped
- 2 medium green and red capsicums
- 3 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ajinomoto
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red whole chile
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add garlic water and immediately pour in the whipped eggs, stir for 2-3 minutes. Add chopped spring onion leaves, carrots, salt, black pepper,red chillies and capsicum . Stir again for two minutes.
- Meanwhile drain all the water from the rice. Add rice to the pan and carefully stir for 3-4 minutes until rice begins to change in color. Add 4 measured cups of water and powdered cinnamon. Cover the rice with a tight fitting lid. Lower the heat and cook for about 15-20 minutes, until the water has been completely absorbed and the grains are separate. Gently fork the rice, gradually working down to the bottom. Serve hot.