Recipe by English_Rose
This speedy but special egg fried rice makes a great accompaniment to all manner of Chinese style dishes. Add some leftover cooked chicken, pork or shrimp to make a full meal.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, cut into 1/2in lengths
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, cut into matchsticks
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 10 ounces cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a wok to smoking and add the sesame oil. Cook the onions, ginger and garlic briefly until softened.
- Add the pepper and eggs, stirring constantly till the eggs scramble.
- Add the rice, rice wine, stock, oyster sauce and sugar and stir continuously for 5-6 minutes, until everything is heated through.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve immediately.