This speedy but special egg fried rice makes a great accompaniment to all manner of Chinese style dishes. Add some leftover cooked chicken, pork or shrimp to make a full meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, cut into 1/2in lengths
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, cut into matchsticks
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 10 ounces cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1Heat a wok to smoking and add the sesame oil. Cook the onions, ginger and garlic briefly until softened.
- 2Add the pepper and eggs, stirring constantly till the eggs scramble.
- 3Add the rice, rice wine, stock, oyster sauce and sugar and stir continuously for 5-6 minutes, until everything is heated through.
- 4Stir in the cilantro and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.9
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 212.1 mg
- Sodium 846.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: