Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
My mother used to make this, it is quick and simple. We serve it with breakfast, sausages, bacon and tomatoes. It can however be eaten sweet with syrup or jelly (jam in u.k. english).
- 4 slice bread, cut in half (preferably white)
- 4 eggs
- 14.79 ml milk
- 28.34 g butter (for frying the bread)
- Beat the eggs and milk.
- Put into a bowl and add the bread and soak.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan.
- Fry the saturated bread until it is golden brown on each side.
So simple! I followed the recipe exactly as written. Thanks so much for posting!
This is very quick and easy. My husband really liked it because it reminded him of his mother's French toast. Thanks Wizkid. bullwinkle
Easy to cook, quick to eat, tough as hell to get rid of the calories ;) Sweet and simple recipe, thanks.