Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This makes a dense tasty cake that you will always want to come back to for more!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 cup zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 oranges, separate zest and juice
- Add ingredients to a mixing bowl in the same order as listed.
- Mix with a wooden spoon for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into a non stick round or loaf tin that has been greased.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
Absolutely delicious and so moist! The orange flavor really set this off! I subbed dried cranberries for the sultanas (don't like 'em :) ) I used a round cake pan. Cooking time was right on.
A sweet spicy dense cake that is so very easy to make! Was not sure how many stars to give this cake as we loved the flavors and easy but did have some issues. From step 3 chose the loaf pan option with mine being made of Pyrex as I do not own any nonstick bake ware. Made as written and baked 50 minutes and should have gone 60 minutes as the middle was still a little undone but the top and sides were starting to burn grrr. So while we really liked the sweet spicy flavors and that it is made with little oil and no eggs it will take some work to get the oven temperature and cook time adjusted correctly in order to have it cooked through. Thanks for the post and good luck with the contest.