Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are my signature cookies! I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com a couple of years ago, and it has been a favorite ever since! Don't let the egg free part throw you. These cookies are moist, puffy, and delicious!
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cream the sugar, shortening, pumpkin, and vanilla together.
- Mix until light and well combined.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and ground cinnamon.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until set.
- Let cookies cool on a rack.
I made these cookies with white chocolate chunks. The last part of the batter didn't have any chunks left, so I added some chocolate chips just to see how they tasted. I liked the white chocolate better. Next time I might try them with half brown sugar. I cooked the last batch for only 10 minutes instead of 12 and thought those turned out the best. This recipe makes 105 cookies using a small scoop, so next time I'll halve the recipe. Overall, a really good dairy-free cookie recipe! Thanks! Update: I made these again with light olive oil instead of shortening and added 1/4 tsp ground ginger and cooked them for only 10 minutes and they are delicious!
Thank you for this recipe! My son is highly allergic to dairy & eggs, but loves helping out in the kitchen. We used dairy-free choc. chips, and had a lot of fun making them together :)
Great pumpkin recipe and not too sweet! I think these would look nice if using a cookie press for decorative shapes then dip half of the cookie in melted white chocolate rather than folding in the chips into the cookie dough.