Recipe by sjcrobbins
An great peanut butter cookie for those who cant have eggs! And it doesn't even crumble. I use soy milk but you could use regular milk too!
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soymilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons powdered egg substitute (Ener G is my favorite)
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate small bowl mix egg replacer, and water. Mix until well blended. Add to peanut butter mixture. Beat till blended.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to peanut butter mixture until blended.
- Roll teaspoon size balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten tops slightly with fork tines to make a criss cross pattern.
- Bake at 375°F for 8-9 minutes or until set. cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Remove cookies to a rack to cool completely.